Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AN EXHIBITION

PEACE IN POVERTY


THE GIFT



BLESSED HOPE



Do you ever have one of those strange days when the things that happen to you are inexplicable??

Well for me, today, was one of those days!!!

For some reason, the first thing I did when waking up this morning, I took a look at my emails on my phone...with one eye open!!

I got a mail that caused not only the other eye to open but my spirits to soar! I have been having a lot of doubts about myself of late and I've really had to dig deep to do the simple things that I really enjoy i.e. running, gardening, reading and most of all, painting. I felt myself challenged by my ability and success in fulfilling my role as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, .....artist!


My exhibition in London has turned out to be a real success for me. I exhibited five of my paintings for 5 days, between the 22nd and 26th of July....excluding my 'Last Supper' which was just to large....they didn't have the space as there were a number of artists.


'PEACE IN POVERTY' was voted the best painting or the Art Salon (?) 2011 which has now earned me the privilege of publishing any article in their local magazine.


'BLESSED HOPE' was bought by a Dr Tim Dilke who apparently gave a talk about it, saying he was very moved by it saying that it filled him with hope and gave him a new lease on life.


'THE GIFT' was bought by a Mrs Carmody who was also very moved. Apparently, there were a lot of very good remarks made about my work which they are going to photocopy and send to me.


I am so totally grateful and overwhelmed at this blessing!! I know a few people were praying for me so my first thoughts of gratitude goes to the Lord. The second is to my parents who encouraged me with this exhibition...to always believe in myself, even if...and especially if....nobody else does.


I know that this is not a big deal at all in artists circles...but for me, it means so much more than anyone could ever imagine. I'm a guppy in a HUGE ocean filled with big and beautiful fish...one day, I simply want to be part of the rich diversity.....right now, I'm just learning to swim!











No comments:

Post a Comment