Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pewter and multimeda




I've been really preoccupied with all sorts of things over the last three weeks. My daughter recently got engaged and we had a huge party here at home for her...around 90 guests....some of whom only left on Sunday. More on that later.

I've been trying to catch up on some of my paintings which I've been working on. But I'm working on a portrait and its turning out to be my most challenging one in a while. It's frustrated me almost beyond endurance.

So, I started this multimedia piece, a twelve division box made with fabric paints, pewter, gesso, small tiles, hand engraved rolled lead.........and a little 'old master' in oils on the inside, just to finish it off. The latter is still in progress but I will post a pic of that once it's complete.

I so badly missed the creativity and doing this was so engaging that barely moved for three days!













This is the picture inside the lid. I took a while trying to decide what picture to paint and I loved this one for the the sense of femininity and peace that it evoked within me. I also saw its pertinence to the life of my friend, the recipient of this box and hoped with all my heart that she would see it too.






















No comments:

Post a Comment