Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cosmos


Nearly done! I have never painted flowers before, so what a way to start!! Cosmos of all flowers!! They're almost opaque, whimsical, always moving with many shades of deep purple, subtle pinks and whites. My reference was a photo taken by Gill, a long-time artist friend (who just smiled indulgently when I told her I had accepted this commission), who made me 'stand back' to 'look', a few rather scrawny ones growing in our garden...causing me to run up and down some odious steps, and my mentor and motivator, Noreen who's big smile and "just do it" caused me to .......well, just do it.

I'm always critical of my own work, so I spot a lot of potential "re-do's" here...but age and impatience have created a hybrid artist.

A little mist....a little (surprise) and voilaaaaa.

2 comments: