Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bucket lists...mine's deep!


This is the smallest free-standing piano that I've ever seen.

We have a small Giessler which my soon-to-be son-in-law and various friends and family have all tinkered on. We bought it for our children who were all going for piano lessons when they were younger....even my son who was only 3 at the time! He, fortunately, benefited from it by learning to play the bagpipes at a very young age.

As a child, I grew up with classical music on a Sunday, blaring through the house, Freddy Mercury and Boston on weekdays, and a mother who sang Ave Mara and other classical pieces, at church functions ..........and while standing on a chair when visiting family and friends.

We had a piano which my mom sold, which she regrets to this day. My dad went to piano lessons as a young man but stopped as his piano teacher used to hit him on the back of his knuckles when he played the wrong notes (@#$^$##@&!!!) My mom, gran and aunt all played.

I had a friend, Brian, who since the age of 3 played the piano, cello and sang, who got me to turn pages at his concerts, who then, as unique people sometimes do, disappeared into a world which seemed to disappear for me too, as I got older.

Music has always been a very important part of my life.

Sooooooooooo.......


At this late stage of my life, (tongue in cheek) I asked for a trumpet for Christmas and am now learning how to play!!!

.......and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment