Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

bugs in the bush







This place was riddled with bugs!!!! When we arrived, we were stepping on beetles..eeeeeugh, not fond of the crunching sound or feeling, but I think there must have been at least 7 or 8 different spiecies of beetles flying around. Once the tent flaps were closed, it actually sounded like rain pelting into the canvas. My daughters were hysterical. On our first night there, Rob and I could hear their screams (20-30 meters away) and the boys laughing . Andrea bumped into a millipede the size of a small snake (which in fact she thought it was). The next morning, it was my turn. I discovered that I'd been up-close and almost personal with a Red Roman for the entire night. Andrea found its bigger brother in her sandle this morning...again producing hysterical screams and great mirth.
The photos are of one of the many nests of ants, carting away a one or two of the beeltles which I swept out of the tent each morning. the second is of the sweet little critter which shared our bed and the third, a stick insect, which now has 'teddy-bear' status with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment