Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Swimming off the Cat

Nor and I decided to brave the sea off Madeira. The Sea the Best anchored just off Camara de Lobos (oh, hell...I think...these darn names are killing me!!).....basically off a flat little farming area at the base of the second highest cliff in Europe ( think I may have that right)





Here, we'd just climbed in. I have never not seen my friend smile. I know her for that smile (and that darn dimple!!)..It became particularly broad at seeing my discomfort methinks!.so while I'm trying to catch my breath and make believe that the water is in fact really warm (which it actually is, I was just being a woos), she's swam like she does this every day!!





Ok, so eventually I got into it then didn't want to get out! Bliss, bliss, bliss. We could see the fish around the boat...we could see the white of the rocks below us, we could see the farm workers in their lands, we looked up at the high cliffs above and became little nothings!. How small we really are!!




Heading off into the water, we didn't even give it a second thought..we're here, ..we have to do this...we're part of this moment...we were IN the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment